Monday, February 9, 2009

Saturday night "IN" with Lamb Burgers


I love a ‘good’ burger.


Good, juicy, need two napkins kind of burgers.


Yes, I am a total burger snob which means you will not see me pulling out of a McDonalds drive through anytime soon. I’m sorry, but I just can’t do it.


There are so many great burger joints by my house so I rarely make my own burgers at home. But when I saw Giada make these great lamb burgers on her show, I decided it was the perfect meal for my Saturday night ‘in’. I served them with homemade sweet potato fries and fresh buns from the market.
Lamb Burgers
Recipe derived from Giada Di Laurentiis

Ingredients:
1 pound ground lamb
¼ cup plain bread crumbs
1 egg beaten lightly
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano
2 tablespoons whole milk
Top with: fontina cheese and basil leaf.

Optional: Wrap the burgers in prosciutto.

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Form burger patties (this will probably make between 3-4, depending on the size). Brush buns with olive oil.

Heat heavy bottomed skillet, add olive oil. On the stove top, cook on each side for about 4 minutes a side. Meanwhile, toast buns in the oven. Top with cheese, then let the burgers sit for 5-10 minutes. Top with basil and buns and serve!

No comments: