Friday, February 12, 2010

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups



I've been busy in babyland for the last few months. Between dealing with the holidays, over swollen feet, and setting up a nursery, I haven't taken much time to post. So now that I have finished with all my 'nesting' all I have left is to just wait for this baby to come....

Although I have cooked quite a bit throughout my pregnancy, my baking has fallen to the way side due to uncontrolled water retention! I basically work to get food on the table for dinner and consider that a success.

So when I saw this recipe for homemade peanut butter cups, I just couldn't stop myself! The good news: they are easy and I could sit in a chair while making them! The result: amazing, better than store bought anything, melt in your mouth, treat.

I followed the recipe from Martha exactly; I'm running thin on brain cells these days so the less I have the think the better it is on everyone. My advice, do not skimp on the brand of chocolate. Get the best you can find. I used both toll house chips (because that is what I had left from Christmas and was trying to get them out of my pantry) and I used ghiradelli. There was a big difference in taste. Toll house is just too 'waxy' for me. I used a bittersweet chocolate but you can use milk chocolate or any combination that you prefer.

I will tell you--this recipe makes WAY more than it says. I would say I made nearly 80 cups with the peanut butter mixture. I just needed to melt a bit more chocolate to even it out. I used small candy cups I found at a baking shop.

I took these over to my father in laws house for his birthday, and then the other half I made for my house!

If you are looking for something fun to make for Valentine's Day, these are utterly amazing!

Click here for the recipe!

Enjoy!

No comments: