Wednesday, September 9, 2009

TWD: Chocolate Souffle

Please be patient...I have photos--blogger is giving me a hard time at the moment.
**Update--You will not be getting photos after all. My brand new Mac took a dump and now is in the repair shop. I'm crossing my fingers my photos aren't all extinct, but for now you will have to take my word for it that I did indeed make these!


It's TWD again, and I am still trying to squeeze in the last of the summer (well--what we had here in Michigan anyway). So I promise to be back to some normalcy in posting very soon.

I almost skipped out this week because I had spent some time outside and at my parent cottage in Northern Michigan. So this was a last minute decision to make and I am so glad that I did. Not only was this good, it was super easy to make. In fact, when I was very naive and new to cooking, I managed to tackle a turkey souffle--no problem. This was no different...thank goodness because I needed something to work for my ego's sake.


I wish I had the time to make the creme anglaise like I saw some of the other bakers do because I think something creamy over the top would have put this over the Oh.My.God. edge but its fine by itself. I worried it may be a bit egg-y but it was certainly ALL chocolate. A true treat.


I would compare this to warm cake, maybe lava cake without the lava. (I never was one for the lava in the lava cake anyway).


I cut the recipe in half since it must be eaten right away and there are only two of us here to eat them. I put them in sugar coated coffee cups since I dont have 'straight' sided ramikens. I was a bit leary using the coffee cups since I had no idea if they were oven safe--I was totally expecting an explosion in my oven but these worked perfectly.


So this is definitely a winner and I will definitely make this if I need to whip up a dessert in a pinch.


Thanks again for our host this week: Susan of She's Becoming a DoughMessTic. If you would like the recipe for this fabulous dessert, head over to her page. Don't forget to check out the other bakers this week for all the yummy variations of this fabulous desert!



1 comment:

AmyRuth said...

Hey, photos or no, so glad you made and enjoyed the (what I call flourless choco cakes) souffles. he he
I'm sure they were beautiful in your coffee mugs/cups.
Glad you had a break at the end of the summer season. Back to the routine.
AmyRuth