Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TWD: Grandma's Sugar Cookies


It’s Tuesday and you know what that means! It’s another Tuesdays with Dorie! Ulrike from Küchenlatein hosted Grandmas Sugar Cookies from Dorie Greenspan’s Baking From my Home to Yours on December 9. So if you would like the recipe, please visit their page!

Yes, I am doing TWD OUT of order this month!

I swear…these weeks have FLOWN by leading up to Christmas. I am up to my earlobes in gifts, baking, and tasks to do! But, I managed to make these sugar cookies with my nephews, as well as saving the other half of dough in the freezer for a couple weeks for my cookie day with my sister yesterday. Don't ask me how I manage...I may order a nice straight jacket for myself for Christmas.



I will have the official verdict on these sugar cookies, after the holiday as I plan on doing a blind taste test. I happen to have a favorite sugar cookie recipe that I also made because there is no way for me to compare unless I have the cookies next to one another. I happen to LOVE sugar cookies, and I am always looking to improve! So far, my taste test was successful. :)

I will say that the Dorie cookies were a little bit tougher to roll out. Most sugar cookies stick, but these seemed to stick a bit more. To fix that, I just added more flour to the board.

My alteration was adding a vanilla bean. Something I like to do to my sugar cookies.

These are so darn festive and cute! I just love them!








No comments: