Friday, May 6, 2011

Rose Cake

After a very busy weekend of making the lady bug cake for my friends shower, I was asked to bring the birthday cake for my other friend Leslie to our women's wine tasting club.

I was short on time and energy, but I still wanted my cake to be a show piece.  Even though I need a bit of practice with the roses and piping, I think it turned out really cute.  I stole the idea from my friend over at Dolce by Dana.  I topped it off with some pink and gold disco dust.  Another thing I need a bit of work on!  

I think it was enjoyed by all!  The cake was my go to Valrhona chocolate cake, and was filled with a raspberry yolk-based meringue buttercream, then topped with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the looks of this cake. Very elegant. I bet it tasted a good as it looked.

Chasing Joy said...

This cake looks Awesome :-)

rockdavinci.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful and lovely!

petalsandcoco said...

What a great looking cake. It has a Vicotrian feel to it, just lovely.
Petals.