Friday, May 1, 2009

Lemon and White Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries

I was totally awestruck by my Bon Appetit magazine in April. I vowed I was going to make each and every dessert they had…I know I set some pretty intense goals for myself.

The overall appearance of this dessert is mighty impressive, but don’t be fooled because it’s a total cinch to put together. Mousse can sometimes be a daunting task, but either I am really improving or this was super easy. I put it together on a weeknight in about 30 minutes! My favorite part? Piping it into glasses. Oh, how I love piping!

If you don’t like white chocolate, I don’t see why you couldn’t use dark chocolate in its place. It would taste like a chocolate limoncello! My husband on the other hand isn’t into ‘lemon’ or citrus desserts, so I was left eating most of this myself and then pawned the rest off on my neighbors.



Here is the recipe from Bon Appetit if you are interested! ***My only change was to use a glass bowl instead of a metal bowl to cook the lemon juice with the egg yolk for the custard because mine got a real tinny flavor the last time.


White chocolate melting with the cream


White chocolate melted and mixed in with whipped cream


The lemon custard should be about this thick


Mix in the whipped cream


Lemon Mousse, complete!

Enjoy this lovely springtime dessert!

4 comments:

sudarshan bengani said...

yummy desserts indeed

Coco Bean said...

Hello fellow Coco, and Scientist! I just happened upon your blog and love it. My boyfriend is allergic to strawberries but loves lemon and this would be a great Sunday treat... do you think that blackberries could be used instead?

Sweet as Coco said...

Hello Coco Bean! There are two of us on this earth? Oh god help us all ;) jk. You could totally use another fruit! I bet blackberries or raspberries or even blueberries would be a fabulous accent to this dessert!

CookiePie said...

Ooooooh - what a gorgeous dessert, and SO perfect for spring!!