Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Raspberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes



I know. I told you we gave up sweets. While we still are trying to stay on track for the most part, we had plans to have our parenting group over and I certainly wouldn't impose goofy diet restrictions on anyone. Besides, I wanted to make these and it was the perfect way to be able to try one...and pawn off the rest.

But as nature would have it, I came down with a cold the morning we were supposed to host and we had to cancel. So I am left with 32 of these things. Not such a bad thing....if it weren't for that diet!

You know what I say? Diet schmiet.

I substituted the graham crust for a chocolate wafer crust. For the raspberry swirl I didn't follow the recipe because I had left over raspberry sauce from a Coeur a la Creme.

The result: creamy cheesecake filling, with sweet raspberry finish. The chocolate crunch crust compliments the raspberry flavor. I would definitely make these again. Surprisingly these were easy to make (for a cheesecake) and great because they are portable!













How to swirl the raspberry sauce in the cheesecake


For the Cheesecake recipe, check out Martha Stewart's page. This is for a full cheesecake but all you have to do is put these in cupcake tins with paper liners. Make sure you put them in a water bath. Bake for 22 minutes, and rotate halfway through.


No comments: