Sunday, January 9, 2011

Corn and Cheese Stuffed Crepes with Poblano Cream



I used to spend a lot of time watching Food Network. Lately, I haven't had much time for TV, let alone something that would require more than 10 seconds of my attention. Over the holiday break, I caught a few episodes and nearly every show featured breakfast. I love trying new breakfast recipes just to break free from the traditional eggs and toast on Sunday mornings.

This recipe really caught my eye because I LOVE mexican for breakfast. (Okay its probably safe to say that I really love Mexican food in general). This recipe takes a bit of time in the morning but there are several steps and you could probably break them up doing some of them the night before. Each step is very easy and quick to do.














Crepes getting ready to go in the oven


The crepes turned out great! I left out the onions because my husband is allergic but I would definitely keep those in the sauce. I also mixed hot sauce with non fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also sprinkled with feta on top.

Cooks tip: To char the poblanos put them over the gas stove and turn as needed. Once charred, put them in a sealed plastic bag to steam for 10 minutes.













Charred Poblanos- just scrape the char marks off with a knife


Enjoy!

For the recipe, click here.


No comments: