Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Bread...by Request


I got an email from my friend Kels, last week, requesting that I make something, ANYTING pumpkin for my blog. Since I subjected her to my experiment with blue eye shadow earlier last week, I felt I owed it to her. So there you have it…

Now, I cannot take all the credit for this recipe. I got it from my dear friend Bethy. The truth is, I am not quite sure where she got it exactly; I do know that is was a recipe that was given to her mom while her family was stationed in Norway…in the 1980’s. This recipe is tried and true…even a novice baker can make this.

Part of me gave into making this because I down right HEART pumpkin bread. And really, what am I waiting for? Its fall…would I really consider making anything but this? I didn’t think so.

A bread like this kneads NO introduction…(no kidding…there is NO kneeding…just stir and pour.) See…told you it was easy!





Pumpkin Spice Bread
Recipe from Bethy

1 ½ Cup White Sugar
½ Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs
1 ¾ Cup Flour
¼ t. Baking Powder
1 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Salt
½ t. Cloves
½ t. Allspice
½ t. Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Water
1 Cup Pumpkin


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Add sugar, oil, then eggs, pumpkin, and spices.

In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together.

Add flour gradually to pumpkin mixture. Then add water.
This is what the batter should look like




Pouring the batter in the tins / Pre-Oven Bread Batter


Bake 1 hour. Let cool for 1 hour. Wrap in foil to keep fresh.



Fresh Pumpkin Bread

**Bread will be hard when you first pull out of oven, but softens over night. **

No comments: