Fall is my favorite time of year for cooking. I love the savory smells that come wafting out of the kitchen, and I love snacking on anything pumpkin.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Recipe derived from Allrecipes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup Buttermilk plus 3 tablespoons
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon vegetable oil/canola oil
Recipe by: Cafe Coco
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for the pancakes:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg. Then add the buttermilk, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil, and whisk together until combined.
- Pour the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and gently fold in with a rubber spatula just until blended (you don’t want to over mix). It should be slightly thick and not runny. If the batter is still too thick, just add a tablespoon of buttermilk at a time.
- Turn on skillet, once it’s hot, add a tablespoon or more to coat the pan. Cook pancakes about 2 minutes a side--or until brown and crispy.
- Serve with a tablespoon of cinnamon mascarpone and maple syrup. Serve immediately.